30.9.14

Making Lists: Hand in Hand with Raymond Carver

Making lists is a way of getting over the blank page that sometimes, when used cleverly, can result in wonderful texts. Yesterday we performed a collective experiment in class. Today, when exploring your blogs, I discovered some hidden treasures derived from that experiment. Now it is "my turn". I have written a poem that includes some of the lines you spoke in class. I hope you like it. Otherwise, I invite you to write a different text.


Fear of the dark,

which is fear of going blind.

Fear of failure to achieve my dreams,

and fear of disappointing those I love.

Fear of not being loved back.

Fear of destruction.

Fear of heights and spiders,

fear of viruses

and death.

Fear of murderers,

fear of people around.

Fear of being alone,
       -or rather, fear of being left alone.
Fear of the time passing too fast.

Fear of losing my memory.

Fear of missing your call.

Fear of suffering.

Fear of fears.

Fear of making lists.

That is to say:

fear of wasting my time.


P.S: If you feel like reading Raymond Carver's poem again, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment